Monday, February 15, 2010

Run in With a Politician

I hope everyone had a great Valentine's Day. Over the weekend my wife and I took a road trip to California to visit with the in-laws as well as attend the Bold Fresh Tour in Pasadena. Though my parents were anything but political, I seem to have acquired an endless fascination for the whole political scene. On the drive down we stopped in Primm, Nevada for some grub (me) and shopping (the wife). Though it's the last place I'd expect to run into any one famous -or infamous depending on which side of the political aisle you come from- as we were entering the mall none other than Mr. Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid was walking out, preceded by a rather large body guard of course. Unfortunately before I could say anything to him, body guard number two pulled up in a large black suburban and whisked him away, leaving me to wonder what the odds were of meeting someone like that in the middle of no where.

I guess if I was really lucky it would have been a run in with Scarlett Johansson, but I digress...

My final thoughts for the trip:

Reid looks a lot older in person.
O'Reilly is a lot taller than I expected.
Beck is pretty dang funny.
The weather in California could almost make it worth living there...almost.

4 comments:

Bunnynose said...

It's 77 in Santa Monica right now and freekin gorgeous!! You should move here! :) You can help us vote Boxer out. HAHAHAHHAHAAA!!

Tyler Craig said...

lol... nice. It's 40 and rainy here in Utah. I'm all for giving Boxer the boot!

Anonymous said...

Oh well, enjoy rest of your weekend. I don't geek out on internet too much. It's a habit brought on by days with average temps in the mid 70's, no clouds, tennis a few times a week, an oh yes, low humidity summers.

Please keep preaching, there's too many people in CA. Thanks for the help.

Penny Stock Investing said...

I see no solution to the dire job situation. I believe that it will keep on getting worse. Think about this even in the very best of times companies were in some cases very unwilling to give decent raises and benifits. Now we have a situation where they don't even need all the personal they have now. In a environment like today a company can easily get away without giving raises or even offering benifits in many cases. Earnings of fortune 500 companies are at record levels. The problem is not that most companies are unable to compensate their employees fairly its that they just choose not to do so.